Since last year’s post was focused on a safe Halloween,
we thought we’d focus this year on Healthy Halloween, while
reminding you to review last year’s safety tips!
Have you been touring Pinterest for Healthy Halloween ideas?
If not, we hope that the below images encourage you to do just that!
1. Our top healthy food handout recommendation (because so many of you hate it when we suggest inedibles as handouts): “Jack-O-Lantern” Cuties
2. Breakfast: We actually found a round up of 7 ideas in one post, but these Apple Bites are what got our attention!
3. Lunch: Monster Sandwiches (perfect for packing up for school):
4. Fruit Snack: Wash and dry the fruit (you want the surface to be relatively dry.) Get some candy eyeballs, but just a few since the more you add the less healthy the snack.
5. Appetizer: Pretzel and Cheese Broomsticks
or maybe you’d prefer Roasted Red Pepper Deviled Eggs (though you could save this one for Thanksgiving…we actually found so many deviled egg ideas it was hard to pick one)
6. Dinner: Jack-O-Lantern Turkey Cheese Burgers
(though some of our colleagues really wanted the Crescent Mummy Cheese Dogs to win…and they probably would have if we were going for cute instead of healthy)
7. Vegetables: oh my, there are so many cute pictures, but for healthy that is more Halloween than Thanksgiving, we think these Clean & Sensible’s Goblin Grins win!
8. Drink: Black Light Lemonade
10. If you didn’t see anything here you like, we encourage you to go to Pinterest and type in “healthy halloween”…but be prepared to spend way too much time down that “rabbit hole”!
P.S. Please check out the new video we just posted: “Individual Open Enrollment Update”
Are you ready for the November 15, 2014 start date?
If not, check out the quick video and connect with us using the confidential form below.